Short Game Clinics
Most golfers waste more strokes within 100 yards of the hole than anywhere else. If you really want to lower your scores, the best place to start is one of our comprehensive short game clinics. These sessions cover chipping, green side pitch shots, distance wedge shots, sand play, putting technique and green reading skills. Our PGA Pros Donal or Shane will clearly and concisely explain the necessary technique for success in each of these critical scoring areas along with the best training methods to keep you improving after the school ends.
We offer three options on clinics, 1 hour, half-day and full-day
1 hour Clinics
In these clinics you chose for your small or large group one topic from the list below and we will do the rest. The sessions start with an explanation of the shot, the technique and some practical experience of the shot.
These 1 hour sessions are either organised by your group or we will be arranging sessions throughout the year.
|Chip & Run||Pitching in detail using Trackman to dial in distance control|
|Lob shot||Putting – using PuttView|
|Pitching 50 to 100 yards||Putting distance control|
|Bunker Play||Putting green reading|
|Awkward Lies slope and grass||Putting pre shot routine|
|Choose the right shot|
Half day or Full day Clinics
Our half day and full day clinics are a great way to have fun learning to improve with the best of technology in our Indoor Academy or on our short game range. Donal or Shane will share the Short Game secrets that will transform how you view the short game and go away with a clear system to allow you to vary ball flight and distance control.
Sample Itinerary for the day will look like this:
Morning (9.30am to 12.30pm)
- Short Game Assessment
- The Chip & Run – learn to hit the low, running chip and how to pick the right club
- The soft landing shot – learn to play a shot that is used from run off areas and when you have little green to work with!
- Specialist Shots – We don’t always get perfect lies! Learn how to adapt your set-up and action to play from the rough, bare lies and slopes.
- Pitching – Using Trackman you will learn how to control your carry distance on that awkward 30-60 yard shot. Learn how to vary your ball flight and spin.
Lunch in the clubhouse included in full day clinics– (12.30 to 1.30)
Afternoon (1.30pm to 4.30pm)
- Putting – Learn the key fundamentals all great players have when putting. You will use Sam Putt Lab, Puttview technology and various putting practice aids to really see what is going on in your stroke. You will also learn the best way to practice your putting.
- Bunker Play – You will discover that bunker play is not that hard! You will improve both technically and crucially you will also be able to read the lie and adapt correctly.
WRAP UP – Chance to have some time to practice individually and go over some the new skills you have learned.
For further information please contact Donal on email@example.com or 065 708 1003 Ext. 4
Members can make bookings through the members section of the website.